At this year’s Head of the Charles Regatta, the Philadelphia based Nielsen-Kellerman Company will introduce three brand new products designed to improve the performances of coaches and athletes throughout the rowing community.
From the company that invented the rowing electronics category in the early 70’s, comes two innovative new CoxBox Rowing Amplifier models which they say will serve as the audio and digital nerve center for a crew. “CoxBox Core™ retains the main functions that coxswains have come to rely on, and packs them into a more powerful, durable and effective form.”
Row360 has been told the CoxBox Core will feature a host of innovations including:
- New integrated high-capacity battery provides over four times the battery life of the current CoxBox (10+ hours) and recharges in four hours with the new high-speed charger yet remains compatible with existing chargers.
- SurgeRate™ eliminates the need for a seat switch and magnet
- The all-new Monoblock™ connector port relocates microphone, speaker and data connectors away from the face of the unit, limiting damage from bending and providing improved access, cord management and visibility as well as field serviceability.
- Stablesocket™ design seals the critical connection points in a reinforced, one-piece module which prevents rotation and bending of the connector plugs, protecting the plugs and internal sockets from damage even with years of hard-use.
- A completely sealed keypad overlaid on an integrated faceplate and window greatly improves the front-panel strength and reduces the potential for water entry.
- Dedicated, clearly-labeled function keys provide a fast, intuitive user interface.
- The familiar SpeedCoach® style display features large, high-contrast digits as well as helpful how-to hints and icons.
- Built-in future-proof upgradeability to CoxBox GPSTM.
NK say that the CoxBox GPS™ combines the most popular features of their world-class SpeedCoach GPS and integrates those capabilities directly into the new CoxBox architecture.
“In addition to all the features and benefits of our CoxBox Core unit, CoxBox GPS includes popular features such as GPS based speed and distance, real-time and cumulative splits, distance per stroke, EmPower Oarlock management and data display, LiveLiNK™ and LiNK Logbook compatibility, and more.”
The third product launching at HOCR is NK LiNK Logbook™, a new cloud-based way to view, analyze, store and share on-water workouts. More than an App, this digital platform provides a bridge to connect your SpeedCoach GPS, CoxBox GPS, and EmPower Oarlock to a suite of tools to help you get the most out of your workouts.
With three different levels of LINK Logbook, users will be able to select whatever account type fits their needs and budget. Account types will include: Link Logbook Individual Basic (free, available October 20th), Link Logbook Individual Pro (coming January 2019) and Link Logbook Team (coming Spring 2019).
Individual BASIC (free) features:
- Upload sessions and review individual performance stats, including all EmPower Oarlock data
- Conduct detailed analysis of all portions of any recorded workout- from a series of intervals to stroke-by-stroke breakdown of drills, scrimmages, races, etc.
- Expanded feature set coming 2019.
All three products will be on display for demonstration at the Nielsen-Kellerman stand at the Head of The Charles this weekend.